Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Distracted Driving Leading Cause of Car Accidents

On the roadways there are an increase in cars now a days with everyone rushing to get to their destination. With this there are times when drivers aren't taking the necessary precautions to be a safe driver which could result in an accident. There are a lot of different causes for car accidents but the most common one is a distracted driver.

When it comes to a distracted driver, there are a lot of different things that fall under this category. Some common distractions include text, talking on the phone, eating, changing the radio station and the list goes on and on. Some states have now made it illegal to do certain things like texting to hopefully make sure that drivers aren't distracted. I can speak from experience that one lead distraction can lead to a disaster. When I was driving home one night I went to check my phone to see if I had gotten any new emails and hopped a curb and almost hit a light pole. Drivers need to make sure that they keep 100% of their attention on the road as it only does take an instant to ruin your life or someone elses.

I think driver distraction is getting more attention then what it did before and this is a good thing. The more people talk about it and become aware of it, the less likely that people will do certain things while driving to make sure that they are safe.

If you have been in an accident due to a distracted driver and was injured, make sure you talk to an experienced law firm like this one where they can help make sure that you are taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.