Just recently, a teenage girl was awarded a insurance settlement of $50,000 for a car accident that happened back on September 19th, 2011. The claim was against the driver of another car and Progressive Universal Insurance Company. The driver was only 16 years old and Progressive will have to make the payment on his behalf. Of the $50,000 awarded to the victim of the accident, $366 will go to costs associated with the case and around $12K will go to her attorney.
To me with this car accident, it brings up the issue of whether kids who are 16 should be allowed to drive on their own. I think back to when I was 16 and remember how bad of a driver I was and how I got into 2 different accidents. With so many cars on the road, one little mistake can lead to serious consequences for these young kids. I understand that a 16 year old has to pass a written test and a drivers test but is that really enough? You see kids on the road today with 3 or 4 friends in the car and sometimes not paying attention to the road. I think this is something that needs to be looked at so the roads remain safe.
If you have been injured in a car accident, attorneys like Marc Whitehead can help you. You need to make sure that you don't ignore your injuries and seek help from a lawyer who can help you receive compensation for your injuries.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.